Why Work With Us
Before Hiring an Estate Planning Lawyer Understand the Difference
Many estate planning attorneys take a "one-size fits all" approach with their clients' they do this so they can work with as many people as possible in a short period of time. The problem is that the client has an impersonal experience; but worse than that, this method of planning often leads to unintended results in the long run.
Consequences When Lawyers Don't Listen
When lawyers do not take the time to listen and consider a family's personal circumstances and goals, the estate documents do not end up reflecting what your family really wants to happen. And, usually there is no review or updating, so the plan quickly becomes outdated and does not work when your family needs it most.
So, even though you may pay less up front to get a standard set of documents (or even documents that are customized for your family), things end up being much more expensive in the long run. Plus, you leave your family at risk of having to deal with an expensive, unnecessary, court process during a time of tremendous grief.
The Pinney Law Firm is right for you if you want to know that your plan will actually work when you and your loved ones need it most. If all you want is a set of legal documents, there are plenty of online resources you can use to create them. Or, you can go to a traditional estate planning lawyer
If what you want is to know you've got a plan in place that will work when your family needs it, and keep those you love out of conflict and out of court, and your assets out of th ehands of the government, than we might be a good fit.
Here are Some Ways We Are Different Than Most Estate Planning Lawyers:
- Our estate planning fees are fixed and agreed to in advance, so there are no surprises. At our initial meeting you will choose the level of planning and fee that works best for your family, so you will never face an unexpected charge.
- We keep you informed and make sure your plan works. We don't just prepare a set of legal documents for you, and send you on your way. We make sure your assets are owned correctly, we make sure your kids' well-being is properly planned for, we ensure that everyone you've named in your plan knows what to do if anything happens to you. And, we make sure that none of your assets become part of the $58 Billion of unclaimed assets across the United States.
- We review your plan for free at least every 3 years, and offer an affordable annual review option. We foster a lifetime, ongoing relationship with our clients. Throughout your life, things change. You change; your assets change; your family changes; the law will definitely change. When planning with us, your plan will keep up with those changes.
- We are here to answer your quick quetions and make the entire planning process incredibly easy and painless for you and your family. We have a process for helping you make sure your assets are titled in the right way, both now and over your lifetime.
- We help you get your legal and financial house in order by helping you make smart choices about things like buying insurance, saving for college, and retirement planning so that you never spend more than you have to or get taken advantage of by unscrupulous sales people.
- We place a special focus on protecting your minor children by ensuring that they are never raised by anyone you woudn't want or taken into care by strangers. And, for adult children, we help you to weave them into your estate plan with care and forethought that other lawyers just don't spend the time to do.
- Legacy Planning. We believe that planning is about much mroe than just transferring yoru financial wealth. With all of our plans, we include a process to help you transfer your most important personal wealth to your loved ones, including your intellectual, spriritual, and human assets—who you are and what's important to you
Before you engage an estate planning lawyer to help you plann for the well-being of your money, your family, and your life, there are questions you need to ask. You need to be sure your estate plan will really work when your family needs it and won't end up just a pile of worthless paper after you are gone.
Don't let a set of legal documents become false security that keeps you from doing what's best for your loved ones. Contact us now to schedule a planning session with our Baytown estate planning lawyer.