Kids Security Plan
Did you know that almost 70% of parents have not yet named gaurdians for their kids? And, for those who have, most have made one of 6 common mistakes? If you are one of these people, we at the Pinney Law Firm can help fix those mistakes with you. Contact us to schedule a planning session today.
Having a Will Alone Doesn't Protect Your Kids
If you are a parent of minor children (or those with special needes) who are counting on you, your estate plan must begin by ensuring your children will always be taken care of by the people you want, in the way you want, no matter what happens.
At the Pinney Law Firm we specifically focus on planning for the well-being and care of the children you love.
Without a Proper Plan, Here's What Could Happen:
- Your children could be placed into Child Protective Services' (CPS) custody, even if you have a will or trust in place, until your documents are located or your family is identified. Or worse, your kids could be left in the care of the one person in your family you would never want raising them;
- A Judge who doesn't know you, or your family, will decide who will raise your kids, even if it's the last person you would ever want;
- A significant amount of the assets you leave for your children will be spent on legal fees and your assets can be tied up for months or years, depriving your children of the resources they need to live comfortably;
- When your kids turn 18, they get a check for whatever assets are left - outright with no protection;
- Unscrupulous people may be able to learn that your child is coming into money by reviewing the public record;
- The vast majority of estate planning attorneys simply do not address these issues, and do not plan from a parent's perspective.
Yes, these things concern us too. That's why we offer a unique Kid Security Plan with every estate plan we prepare for families with young children.
What is a Kids Security Plan?
A Kids Security Plan is a set of instructions, legal documents, and even an ID card for your wallet, which you need when you have children at home who count on your for their well-being and care.
If you are in an accident, your Kids Security Plan will ensure your children are never taken into the custody of Child Protective Services (CPS), strangers, or the care of anyone you wouldn't want because the authorities will have clear—legally binding—instructions from you. And your plan will provide for your children to be raised by people you choose, not someone chosen by a Judge who doesn't even know you.
Contact us now to get started with your Kids Security Plan.